Thursday, May 16, 2013

TT: This could take a while

It's Theme Thursday...and boy do I have a grocery lists of things that I am proud of...and its a list because I am a lazy duck today and am not up for formatting a paragraph.

1. Myself...because I am a motherfucking self proclaimed genius...agree with me or not, but deal with it!

2. My musical taste - I can jam out to Siouxsie Sioux while dancing cumbia with the family...my taste is all over the spectrum...except for pop, keep that Britney Spears/Rihanna blasphemy away from me.

3. My book collection, it is a fire hazard, and can potentially get much bigger, but its a nice size and readily available...I love it.

4. My drinking. My boyfriend might be able to win at the chugging competition, but I can out drink almost everyone when it comes to tequila. I don't get crazy, I just get loving, and I can drink it all night. Bring it the fuck on.

5. I can dance mexican  folklorico, and whether these nimrods like to admit it or not, I was amazing. I had the feet of an angel, with the grace of a flamingo. My skirtwork was on point, and I look like a god damn authentic rancherita when I am on that dance floor.

6. I am proud of my sister, who after having a rod inserted into her hip, can still rock those stilletos, and manage to make a hospital room look like a vegas nightclub. You rock Chavis.

7. I am proud of my brother, who is about to embark on the AIDS/LIFECYCLE, riding his bike from SF to LA...to cure AIDS.

8. I am proud that I am a college graduate, and semi educated (despite what I said on number 1). I think I have a long road of education ahead of me, but I made it this far, and I am not going to lie, I am still excited for myself.

9. I am proud of my WWII collection, which is mostly a Nazi collection, that consists of a 1939 SS Panzergrad special edition cigarette case, made for those that were stationed in Athens, my 1932, first Edition of Hitlerism, written by Louis Leo Snyder, and my 1942 edition of Mein Kampf. No, I am not a Nazi, I am just fascinated by World War II, its atrocities  and how gullible the world can and will be. I have more books...but...you know.

10.This was a really difficult topic for me, despite the joking at the beginning  I don't take pride in a whole lot, but I do take pride in my life, my relationship, my family, and my future.

12 comments:

  1. I was just at an antique shop last week, and I saw a Nazi... something, I don't remember. But I was so surprised! I don't know why, but I felt like that would have been illegal or something.

    Also, your tags are alphabetical, so part of it reads "Mexican Nazi pride." That's... um... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slight mortification on the tags...As for the antique shop, I have yet to find paraphernalia here in the US. I found my cigarette case at a flea market in Athens. Which means its not only a souvenir, but a history collectible...two for one. My books, I found them both at Powell's in Portland. I promise promise I am not a nazi, but mexican and proud!

      Delete
    2. New England is super old, so we have antique shops on every block. Sometimes I forget that the rest of the country isn't full of cobblestone streets and 300-year-old houses that regular people live in.

      Delete
    3. No we don't, but it sounds beautiful...I do wish the west coast resembled something like that. We have track homes...and eyesore condos...

      Delete
  2. I like your list, my fav line, it is a fire hazard, as all book collections should be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this eerie feeling that I will be tripping over those same books as I try to escape a would be rapist or something.

      Delete
  3. I want to meet you in person and do shots of Tequila and see who goes down first.

    On second thought, that sounds dirty. Although you are cute ;)

    I mean, see who can out drink the other one.

    -The Insomniacs Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am flattered, and challenge accepted. Although...I sip the tequila...straight, with a little bit of lemon over ice.

      Delete
    2. I'll sip it with limes over ice. It'll be good times. Tequila always makes me naked.

      Delete