Monday, May 20, 2013

Bastard of Bolton

In junior year of high school, my friend introduced me to the Song of Ice and Fire Series. I will try not to be a snob and say something like "you mere mortals may know this as the hit HBO series of Game of Thrones". But I am not going to make promises. Since the age of 17, I have been voraciously reading these books, devouring the essence and rage entrapped in the pages created from the brain of George RR Martin. I have created email monikers with "myrcella" and passwords with "housestark". I convinced myself that my children would be named Arya and Bran, Elia and Tommen.

Then came the day that HBO acquired that rights to make the Book in to a series. I was fucking thrilled. Countless conversations regarding adapting the book in to a movie had been etched in to the ears of so many that were willing to listen. But one thing remained true, there were way too many story lines and characters to fit into three hours of the screen. But this, the series on HBO would allow for characters, language and the major boob fest to play out. 

It's been fucking epic. Despite some minor changes, this show is just the right amount of awesome-ness. But I think I may have to take a break...

Last night I dreamt that Ramsay Snow/Bastard of Bolton was torturing my friend's and I...by forcing us to work at Kaiser Permanente...and the only way I woke myself up from the dream was to scream loudly into my boyfriend's ear..."I'm going to fucking kill myself". I imagined me saying it in a demonic voice when he woke to told me that I freaked the fuck out of him.


I think I need a little break from George RR Martin...

4 comments:

  1. hahahah .. nice , my kids will be: andromeda and orion .. you can shoot me if you must.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once woke up my husband (boyfriend at the time) by laughing an "evil laugh" in my sleep. When he asked me what was wrong, I sat up and punched him in the face. I don't even remember a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The boyfriend said my eyes were wide open and was looking right at him...creepy stuff. One time I threw the blankets off of us and jumped out of bed because there was a three headed snake...there wasn't.

      Delete