Saturday, January 19, 2013

First for everything

I must warn the gentle reader, this will be a mushy, lovesick post. Continue on at your (very warned) risk.

Relationships are consistently created. Romantically, professionally, socially. It's a fluid action. Within this relationship, a plethora of experiences arise. Some people make an impact, rather imprint, on the being that you will become. Its these experiences, theses moments, those "firsts" that create this relationship.

Romantically, you will hear the phrase "this was our first (insert cliche here)". It will be said after the first kiss, the first night, and most likely, the first fight. There are a million first that will be created.

I have yet to determine if it is luck that allows for this to happen, for the lucky ones to find a "first" in the simple every day actions. But I do know that I have found a first with someone that I want to continue to find firsts with over and over.

Pasts and histories will not matter. Because this person and you are a canvas, something on which many a first will be painted.

The first kiss in your new house.

The first time you watched a hockey game on that particular couch.

The first time you say goodbye before leaving to work.

And to finish, among the firsts that I have shared, I will also say: I love the person that he is, but I truly love the person I have become because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment