Thursday, June 13, 2013

TT: Freshman Year...the College Edition

I liked school. No...that is all wrong. I fucking loved school. On the last day of second grade, I fucking cried because it was over and I had to go on summer break...I FUCKING CRIED. There was seldom a time or a year that I did not enjoy. I mean, I had my awkward 7th grade were the boobs hadn't budded in yet, but the hormones were starting to blossom. And then the awful junior year of high school where I shit started and love triangled the shit out of my life. But other than that...school was awesome, I got good grades, I buttered up my teachers, my parents were satisfied. But as always, there is the one year that stood the test of time, and it will always be the best year.

Because I was a late bloomer in certain aspects of my life, I didn't drive all through high school. But I did get my license on my 18th birthday, making that year, and my freshman year of college fucking awesome.

I stayed local and started my college education at a junior college. It was roughly a twenty minute drive from my house, and I had Fridays off. So now I am going to list all of the reasons that Freshman year of college were awesome, whether its correlated or not.

1. My tummy was little and my boobies were huge.
2. I saw Bad Religion, Anti Flag, and Flogging Molly all in one sitting.
3. I had straight A's and continued to be the teacher's darling.
4. I lived in my uncle's basement giving me a modicum of freedom (despite my parents living in the house next door and asking a million questions at all times)
5. I went to Hawaii and wore this amazing two piece that put most bitches to shame.
6. I had a car...
7. I became godmother to the coolest kid ever.
8. I drove to all over the Bay Area watching amazing local and not so local bands. It was awesome.
9. I went in to my first club, PopScene, in San Francisco. Not so cool. But still a good experience.
10. I met people from all over the world in classes I never thought I would be interested to take.

I was older but still very young. I was naive and eager to explore. It was that cusp in life, where you jump off adolescence and begin to take on adulthood. It was the best year.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPzGNTMt9TE

4 comments:

  1. Those are 10 pretty awesome reasons, but I like #1 the best. I never had that, so I'm a little jealous :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fanFUCKINGtastic! Color me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete